Thursday, January 18, 2007

THOSE DARN KIDS

The girls were talking about penises this morning. Baboo wondered if she could grow one. The Spouse said, "Go ahead." Skittles thought the better way was to "buy a fake one and show it to all your friends." That's my girl!

***

After school the topic switched to breasts. They had one of the Spouse's Russian magazines. This one is particularly crass, with political scandals and scantily clad women on every page. It's good practice for reading Russian, but not something he buys. One of the front desk guards in his building gives them to him from time to time.

Anyhow. The girls have stumbled across it. They are sitting, side by side, on the sofa, rating the bare breasts. "TITS!" they announce, gleefully. They look at me to see if I will respond. I continue to make salad. "We're rating TITS!"

"Uh-huh." I am unimpressed (but cracking up inside).

"I give this one an A," I hear one of them say. "Hey!" they call to me. "Do you know anything about TITS?!"

I believe I am familiar with the concept.

****

Skittles had a nightmare that someone took an eraser and erased the world. She had to color it all back in again.

I love that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, greetings from Sweden

Take care.

FT

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home