Thursday, February 10, 2005

Baby Group Peach Cobbler
what to serve mothers who are starved for some pampering and conversation)

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
pinch salt
1 cup milk
Fresh peaches that you peel and sauté with one of the above cups of sugar (I use one drained can of peaches, but I'm extremely lazy.)
Dash cinnamon and/or nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375F. (that's 190C)

I turn on the oven and put butter in pan in oven to melt.

In a bowl I mix the flour, one cup sugar, baking powder, salt, milk. I add vanilla, too.

Arrange peaches in butter pan . . . I usually slice them and arrange it nicely.

Pour mix over whole mess.

Now I often take a container of mascarpone (ricotta is nice, too) and stir an egg into it and drop it by spoonfuls all around the pan. Then I sprinkle cinnamon/sugar (like what you might have already around for toast) over the whole thing.

Bake 40-45 minutes.

Stand back. They always lick the pan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home